Hawai‘i Pacific University believes that academic advising is an integral part of a student's educational experience. As advisors, we are committed to preparing students for success in the academic setting by assisting students in the development of skills to define and achieve their academic goals. Our cohort advising model enables students to develop a collaborative working relationship with a professional advisor. Through mentorship, students are able to define and implement sound educational plans that are consistent with their personal values, goals, and career plans.
Professional and Faculty Advising
Professional Advisors assist students with the transition into college, as well as finding and understanding the major and degree plan that’s best for them:
- Primarily work with first year, sophomore, and first semester transfer students.
- Orient students with tools and resources to help them succeed at mg游戏APP.
- Work primarily under one college, and are experts in the requirements for that field.
- The General Professional Advisor works with undeclared students.
- Click below to schedule an appointment to meet with your Professional Advisor.
Faculty advising begins at the time a student has declared a major or is assigned to the faculty by their department and/or college.
- Primarily work with Junior and Senior students.
- Experts in possible career fields, courses, and experiences that can best prepare students to reach their goals.
- Help to map out a student’s 4 year degree plan
- Evaluate students degree progress, Petition to Graduate, and Graduation Audit of their degree completion.
- Check out your Degree Plan to see who your faculty advisor is. Email them to set up an appointment.
Petition to Graduate (PTG) Dates and Deadlines
Spring and Summer Graduates: PTG due in September
Fall and Winter Graduates: PTG due in February